Netherland Transit


Transit through Netherlands

Transiting With Firearms In Amsterdam, Netherlands

When passing through the Netherlands while carrying rifles, weapons or ammunition, it is mandatory to file a consent application form with the Dutch Customs Department.

Please access these links for the NEW Dutch Consent Application Forms needed for the permit:
Consent form
Consent form - annexure

Email the forms to the following email address:This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
We recommend that you follow the submission up by contacting their offices on Tel 0031 45 5743031

PLEASE NOTE: On their new consent form there is  "VICE VERSA" fileld - If you check this filed you will get a permit for transitting both ways through Amsterdam.

    - *NEW* The Dutch authorities are now requesting a letter of invitation to hunt from your outfitter. Ask your outfitter to send you a signed letter on headed paper to the effect of where you will be hunting, for how long and with his contact details. This is similar to the letter of motivation/invitation required for a temporary firearms permit in South Africa. Fax this letter to the Dutch Customs Office with your consent forms application.
    - Make a copy of your passport photo & details page
    - Make a copy of a document proving your ownership of the firearm(s). This can be in the form of the US Customs Form 4457 (Registration of Personal Affects Taken Abroad) OR a letter from your local sheriff OR a your Firearms Certificate or Permit
  • Make this application well in advance of your travel and also allow plenty of time for the application to be processed.
    For further information or queries on transiting with firearms in the Netherlands, telephone the Dutch Customs Office at Groningen: 011-31-88-151-2122.